Infinitive: to gnarl
Third person singular: gnarls
Simple past: gnarled
Past participle: gnarled
1. (transitive) to knot or twist something
2. (intransitive) to snarl or growl; to gnar
1. a knot in wood; a large or hard knot, or a protuberance with twisted grain, on a tree.
2. something resembling a knot in wood, such as in stone or limbs.
3. (mathematics) The average value of the magnitude squared of the curl of a vector field over a continuous path that is tangent to the vector field at every point. In mathematical notation, gnarl is represented by the lowercase Greek letter ξ.
Translated into Fractal Art, gnarl becomes many things: formulas, coloring algorithms, mappings, variations and variables... Combining shapes, gradients, weights, colors and transparency on gnarls is like opening your eyes on an unexpected, amazing,